scrolller.com template

PicFinder

scrolller.com template

Post by PicFinder » 17 Aug 2022, 16:39

Hello,

I am having difficulty getting EPF to work for this site. I have used the generic template to attempt downloading but this has not worked. I would like to download all associated images/videos/gifs from the scrolling page as well as associated linked categories.

For example, I would like all images/videos/gifs from https://scrolller.com/r/Panda_Gifs
This page happens to have only Panda_Gifs as a category link for all files.

This page https://scrolller.com/ includes different category links within it. I want all the images/videos/gifs from the page and images/videos/gifs from the linked category pages as well.

This page https://scrolller.com/my-stick-51rzyowzbk has only 1 video, but if you scroll down or click the arrow to the right there are more images/videos/gifs from other categories. How can I program EPF to get all of these?

I checked the Templates area on EPF but there is nothing related to this site.

Thank you for your assistance,

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: scrolller.com template

Post by Maksym » 18 Aug 2022, 15:32

I don't get it. You want entire website content? Not just a category or subreddit? I think I can do the following - you start a project, the built-in browser opens with your scrolller.com starting URL, then you log in, if you need to, and scroll down as much as you can. Once you've had enough scrolling - you click [ Continue download ] button and Extreme Picture Finder downloads content from all the posts that were in your built-in browser. The more you scroll - the more Extreme Picture Finder downloads.

madnauseam

Post by madnauseam » 14 Nov 2022, 22:15

Hello,

It seems that even if one scrolls until the end, the address list will only contain a partial list of links, and not all the content of a given subreddit.

Is there any workaround?

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 16 Nov 2022, 18:51

Please try this template and let me know the result:

scrolller.com downloader

madnauseam

Post by madnauseam » 19 Nov 2022, 01:20

This seems to have solved the problem! Works flawlessly.

Thank you Maxim.

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 20 Nov 2022, 11:59

You are welcome!

devere

Post by devere » 02 Jan 2024, 00:07

Hello, I would like to ask if you could update the template to include the original reddit post id in the filename?

Scrolller has a source button where it includes the original reddit url like this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/subreddit/comm ... e_example/

It would be great if you could include the id 'abc123' in the filename. It is difficult to reference this information if I only have the post title and image dimensions. The suffix that is currently attached is a unique id of scrolller, it is not the reddit id.

I have one more question: If I use this template, it seems that it downloads a certain amount, maybe a couple of hundred files, then it stops. If I restart it, it will download more. I'm not sure what is happening? Maybe because scrolller sorts randomly by default and it can only download a certain amount each time? It would be nice if you could have a look at it.

Thank you

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 02 Jan 2024, 13:10

Unfortunately, the current version of the software cannot use parts of a page text to create sub-folders or file names. Only URLs, page titles, and attributes of an HTML tag that has a direct link to the Target File can be used. But we do have plans to make it possible in later versions.