File management

fatherhood

File management

Post by fatherhood » 05 Mar 2009, 21:53

Hi

Just installed the screen saver and I really like the product. The concern I have is how do I limit the amount of images it downloads? Also, it would be nice to have it automatically clean up older images so you don't have an ever growing directory.

Fatherhood

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: File management

Post by Maksym » 05 Mar 2009, 23:05

Hello Fatherhood,

Currently there is no way to limit the number of downloaded images. How do you see it? Let users set the number of downloaded images per session, per day... Maybe other options?

As for the cleanup... It's a good idea too! I'll see what can be done about it.

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

fatherhood

Post by fatherhood » 06 Mar 2009, 04:05

Hi Maxim

Yes, the number of images or maybe overall daily download size in MB, but number of daily images would probably be more effective. That coupled with an automatic purging system would prevent the screen saver from chewing up significant amounts of bandwidth and disc space.

Fatherhood

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 06 Mar 2009, 09:12

OK, we'll do it. Thanks again for the suggestions.

bazelinsky

Post by bazelinsky » 21 May 2009, 21:41

I propose to make a limiter of disk spase, that ESS uses at HDD. You can make it, for example, 1 Gb. And let ESS delete pictures, that downloaded earlier. I saw that files have the date and time of downloading. I think that the limit of files downloaded per day is not useful.

And I can say, that ESS - is the screensaver of my dream! It's great. I also want to propose you make categories of ships, railway and "under the sea".

Thanks a lot, Anton

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 21 May 2009, 21:47

OK, Anton, this can be done. Thanks for the suggestion.

tcozzol

Post by tcozzol » 24 Feb 2020, 16:35

Hello! I am considering upgrading to Pro Version of your screensaver. However, I have limited disk-space , and I cannot see any way to limit the total amount of disk-space that Endless Slideshow Screensaver uses (just a way to limit daily downloads, but, over time this would accumulate to more disk-space used anyway) -- I have the newest version (1.14.5), but I cannot see option to limit total disk-space used for pictures -- will the ability to do this , and purge old images, as Anton suggested, be implemented in a future version?

Thank you,
Tom.

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 24 Feb 2020, 19:19

Hello Tom,

Yes, this feature is already in the to-do list and it will be implemented. What you can do right now is simply turn the wallpaper download off without excluding the downloaded wallpapers from the slideshow once you think you have downloaded enough. Simply clear the [Download wallpapers of all selected categories] box in the screensaver settings, [Wallpapers from Internet] tab and leave the [Show downloaded wallpapers] box checked.

tcozzol

Post by tcozzol » 24 Feb 2020, 20:07

Maxim wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 19:19
Hello Tom,

Yes, this feature is already in the to-do list and it will be implemented. What you can do right now is simply turn the wallpaper download off without excluding the downloaded wallpapers from the slideshow once you think you have downloaded enough. Simply clear the [Download wallpapers of all selected categories] box in the screensaver settings, [Wallpapers from Internet] tab and leave the [Show downloaded wallpapers] box checked.
Alright. Thank you for a speedy response!