anyway to take a screenshot?

InGearX

anyway to take a screenshot?

Post by InGearX » 04 Jan 2023, 03:42

I have a 2x2 slides displaying across 3 monitors

from a library of 500k pictures

when I see some picture I'd like to reference later - is there anyway I can setup my Win 10 to take a screenshot?

I use ShareX - so I need to press a hot key - but that exits the screensaver

hmmm maybe some voice activated way via Amazon Alexa for PC or hmm any ideas?

thank you ...

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: anyway to take a screenshot?

Post by Maksym » 04 Jan 2023, 17:51

In the most recent version you can check the [ Exit only on [Esc] key, not on any other ] box in the screensaver settings, [ Viewer ] tab, [ Actions ] section to prevent Endless Slideshow Screensaver from existing on any key press except for the [ Esc ] key.

Plus, Endless Slideshow Screensaver Pro offers other ways to accomplish your task. You can copy all currently shown images into a selected folder on [ X ] key, for example. Or copy file names of all currently shown pictures to the Windows Clipboard on [ C ] key. You can even run a custom command or batch script with file names of all currently shown pictures on keys [ 1 ] - [ 5 ].

InGearX

Post by InGearX » 04 Jan 2023, 20:44

awesome
thank you
I'm glad I asked

PS UPDATE: Hmm ShareX fails to take a screenshot when screensaver is running

I guess Windows or Endless Slideshow Screensaver doesn't let the keys pass through?

works OK when I test in "Preview" mode

hmmm any ideas?

thank you

UPDATE 2: Looks like only Win native Print Screen button worked - Ditto (clipboard manager) registered two screenshots - one of all 3 monitors and another for the main monitor or for where the mouse is

but they were not saved to files - which is not ideal

only to clipboard

I had to go to run>cmd: "mspaint.exe" and paste them there

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 05 Jan 2023, 12:53

Endless Slideshow Screensaver does not prevent any keys from working. That must be exclusively ShareX's problem.