How to add Keywords to my photos

Magicmaniac

How to add Keywords to my photos

Post by Magicmaniac » 21 Mar 2020, 19:03

I searched the forum for the word "keyword" and "tag" but no results, so here goes:

I would like to know how to add keywords to my photos. The program has a menu for "file Filters"
and has a section that states "use only pictures with these keywords"
I am not sure where the program is looking for these keywords. is it somewhere in the EXIF file?
is there a program that will let me put in keywords easily or in batch mode?
For my purposes, all I am interested in is tagging a subset of pictures in my directories as Favorites
and creating a slide show only with those photos.

any ideas on how to proceed?

Kevin

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: How to add Keywords to my photos

Post by Maksym » 22 Mar 2020, 13:25

Hello Kevin,

The easiest way to add keywords (or tags) to your photos is Windows Explorer. So, open your photo folder in Windows Explorer, then select [View] menu item and click [Details pane].

You can now select any photo (or several photos using Ctrl + mouse click or Shift + mouse click), click [Add a tag] label and start typing your tags. When you're finished - click [Save] button which should appear at the bottom of the window to save your tags.

After that you can easily filter your photos in Endless Slideshow Screensaver using your tags.

You can also enter [Comments] which can be displayed during the slideshow in the screensaver using "Windows Explorer: Comments" special tag: [#ttWinExplorer_Comments#]

Magicmaniac

Post by Magicmaniac » 24 Mar 2020, 18:59

Wow that was way easier than the method I came up with. It still takes a while to go through 2200 pictures but I have plenty of time right now!
I am trying to go through pics from 2010 on up that average about 2000 pictures a year. So far, I have 1 year completed! By the end of March I hope they are all finished!
Thanks for the help.
Kevin

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 24 Mar 2020, 20:18

You're welcome Kevin!

jimmyv4351

Post by jimmyv4351 » 04 Sep 2023, 17:17

Thanks for the Windows File Explorer tip - that's much easier than opening the Properties dialog box and switching to the details tab, plus it lets me do multiple photos at a time when they all need the same description. Great tip!