Re: Problem in Downloading Images on this Site

Post by Maksym » 11 Sep 2013, 11:09

Hmm. This is strange. Please try another download link:

http://www.exisoftware.com/picture_find ... rSetup.zip

The new version number is 3.20.1.1.

legendaryvice

Post by legendaryvice » 14 Sep 2013, 00:44

I just downloaded the new updated version, but I tried the settings you mentioned before and it did not download all the images. I might have done it wrong, but what are the new settings that I should use for this site?

Somehow when I leave the program to download for a long time, it eventually gets off track from downloading of gelbooru, and onto cghub.com
the only different part of the setting i used compared to your recommended settings was that I changed "Regular Site: Follow All Links" to "Regular Site: Entire site".

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 14 Sep 2013, 12:36

I think you should visit the site in your browser, click a few pics to make the ad show, then click the "Continue to image" link in browser and only after that start the project in the EPF. Otherwise EPF won't download anything because of that annoying advertisement.

legendaryvice

Post by legendaryvice » 18 Sep 2013, 02:57

I have a problem downloading images from a similar site, what might the correct settings to download images off danbooru.donmai.us be? It never downloads images but gets stuck searching over and over again on pools and tags. Never actually opens up the images and downloads them off the site.

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 18 Sep 2013, 17:59

I added a project for this website to the built-in online project database under the [ Erotic -> Hentai ] category. Simply download the project from the database and start it.

legendaryvice

Post by legendaryvice » 20 Sep 2013, 05:57

The settings now work, but there's a new problem. Somehow when EPF is downloading images a few of them are corrupt images and were not downloaded properly. As a result the download images sometimes appear out of color and diced. Please help fix the problem. I don't know whats wrong, but it might actually not be the program itself. IF there is any source of help on this one please let me know.

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 20 Sep 2013, 10:34

Try viewing those images in any third-party image viewer (like Windows built-in viewer). If images look corrupt there too, then you can always re-download any file by right-clicking it in the EPF and selecting "Re-download..." from the popup menu.

legendaryvice

Post by legendaryvice » 02 Oct 2013, 05:00

I've recently been facing a new set of problems that involves downloading images from a selected "tag" on the Gelbooru site. I place given settings with a few tweaks, but nothing is showing up. The EPF programs says that there were zero saved files and keeps telling me to change settings. I've done it quite a few times but nothing changed. Is there a recommended setting I can learn for downloading images from tags of sites like this: http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post ... uncensored

Also, if I were to use Extreme URL Generator, would I be able to make over 2 million urls (based on the id numbers of the images on the site) and have Extreme Picture Finder download off the specified urls only?

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 02 Oct 2013, 11:33

You can use the project settings I originally sent your for this website. Just change the starting address and one of the "Included URLs" to:

\?page=post&s=list&tags=uncensored&pid=\d+

The original filter had "tags=all". This one has "tags=uncensored". You can replace "uncensored" with any other tag. And be sure to visit this website before start downloading, click a couple of images to make the website show advert, then click "Continue browsing..." to make the ad disappear and only after that start the project in EPF.

As for Extreme URL Generator - yes, it can generate a 2-million URL list (it took 29 seconds on my PC). But EPF isn't very good with long URL lists. It handles projects with more than 10,000 URLs far too long. But theoretically - yes it can.

legendaryvice

Post by legendaryvice » 08 Oct 2013, 00:35

I realize that downloading images by starting addresses takes far too long (as you have mentioned earlier). So is there any preferences I should do to download only those 2 million+ images only? I've tried 10 thousand images at a time as starting address but it takes far too long, and I realize that if I only put starting addresses by a thousand each project, EPF will download a bit faster. But with that process it'll take ages to get it done. I'm willing to do it, but is there any preferred way other than that? Regularly downloading images won't do since it'll stop at the latest 20,000th images due to the websites limit on image successive image viewing.