Problem in Downloading Images on this Site

legendaryvice

Re: Problem in Downloading Images on this Site

Post by legendaryvice » 14 Nov 2013, 04:10

What's the estimated date for this new update with HTML Forms support for EPF going to be? IF not its fine lol, I'll wait as long as I can. I'm just so anxious to get it XD.

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 14 Nov 2013, 11:17

Sorry, no estimation so far.

legendaryvice

Post by legendaryvice » 25 Nov 2013, 02:54

Has there been any progress yet T^T I'm so anxious to get my hands on it soon. Sorry for being so pushy, but its been too long for a notification. I'll wait however long it takes. Hope you get it implemented soon XD.

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 25 Nov 2013, 11:43

Nope, sorry. Working on other issues. They require immediate attention. Sorry.

legendaryvice

Post by legendaryvice » 25 Nov 2013, 19:49

Its alright XD I can understand that. Just wanted to know if was going to be out sooner than later XD.

legendaryvice

Post by legendaryvice » 10 Dec 2013, 09:25

Do you think you guys know what the problem is to downloading all the images off this site? May it be just a incorrect downloading setting that I'm using? Before the latest update the EPF program was still downloading images, just not at a consistent rate, and could often skip over pages for no entire reason which often is never returned to. Say like it was downloading at image id:11110, it would suddenly jump to 22220 and never retrace back to downloading the images between them. But now after the update, the images aren't even being downloaded. It's like the program has been skipping over all the found and located images. Its been rather long since I've waited for a solution. Is it still in progress?

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 10 Dec 2013, 11:12

Well, I told you that it's not possible to download images off that website right now because of the website's built-in advertisement. They start to show ads on a random image id and then won't stop... It's required to click "continue" on the ad page to view other image IDs. And that's where EPF fails. It can not click "continue" automatically because it can not parse and submit HTML forms.

Currently we're working on other parts of EPF - starting addresses list, built-in viewer. Then we need to improve the built-in keyword search... There's a lot of work to do and HTML forms are also in the list. But when are we going to finish it - I can't tell you. Because I don't know.

Also I just checked this website in the most recent version using the settings I provided at the beginning of this thread. Works just like before. When it starts skipping all the pages I open the website in browser, clicking on the built-in ad and then continue the download in EPF. Nothing changed.