Can reddit templates download reddit gallery posts into separate folders?

iamanepfuser

Can reddit templates download reddit gallery posts into separate folders?

Post by iamanepfuser » 13 May 2023, 18:33

When I want to download a subreddit or users posts EPF will download everything individually but not imgur albums (which go into separate folders). Can EPF also put reddit gallery downloads into separate folders?

Separate question. Can EPF order gallery downloads? If I want to download a gallery post and have EPF title the downloads as 1 - filename.ext, 2 - filename.ext, 3 - filename.ext, etc.

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: Can reddit templates download reddit gallery posts into separate folders?

Post by Maksym » 14 May 2023, 13:09

When I want to download a subreddit or users posts EPF will download everything individually but not imgur albums (which go into separate folders). Can EPF also put reddit gallery downloads into separate folders?
When you are downloading from a sub-reddit or user - Extreme Picture Finder doesn't know if the file belongs to a gallery or not - it just grabs all files from a JSON response. So, no, unfortunately there is no way to do that.
Separate question. Can EPF order gallery downloads? If I want to download a gallery post and have EPF title the downloads as 1 - filename.ext, 2 - filename.ext, 3 - filename.ext, etc.
Well, you can make Extreme Picture Finder generate numerical file names like this:

But the numbers will come in order the files are saved, not in order they appear in a gallery post.

BluesFanUK

Post by BluesFanUK » 30 Jul 2023, 02:18

This is a great tool, but can it pick up the file server date?

If using Python and one of the many rippers you can have it name the files by date and/or title just to keep things in check. Can this program do that (somehow)?

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 30 Jul 2023, 12:03

Currently it cannot, but I'll add it to the to-do list.