ImageFap file naming

SignalMafia

ImageFap file naming

Post by SignalMafia » 30 May 2022, 22:17

I have a problem with saved file names of downloaded pictures using imagefap gallery template v.20.
Under template properties / Save / Naming / Advanced the lower option is selected - "use value of the following attribute" and alt is written in the field.
The filename saved also contains the name of the gallery, which is not desired.

For example:
https://www.imagefap.com/pictures/10368 ... -ends-0419
Instead of picture filename saved on disk as tqovdd4.jpg I get odds-an-ends-0419 - tqovdd4.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: ImageFap file naming

Post by Maksym » 31 May 2022, 12:01

Well, the value of the "alt" attribute contains the gallery name too. That's why it appears in the resulting file name. This is the best available naming option for the imagefap right now. But please feel free to try other options. And share the results if you come up with a better solution please.

We already have plans of re-doing the way Extreme Picture Finder works with file naming, including the ability to apply Regular Expressions to the file names generated from "normal" sources, which are available now.

Satei

Post by Satei » 07 Mar 2023, 15:51

Is it possible to limit the lengh of the resulting filename?
Thanks

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 07 Mar 2023, 19:48

Currently - no. But I have 2 suggestions:

1. Use a very short root folder name for your imagefap projects. For example: "C:\IFAP". It will help you keep longer original file names without truncating them, so that you can use any third-party software to automatically rename all the files the way you want to, having all possible original information.

2. There is an [ Additional ] tab in the [ Naming ] section of the project properties which, among other things, allows to remove any number of characters from the begging and/or end of the generated file name before actually saving the file: