ImageFap Error

SwiftNick

ImageFap Error

Post by SwiftNick » 26 Sep 2020, 15:13

I encounter an error on ImageFap, after downloading 5-6 galleries.
After that, it only downloads partial galleries, and shows the error message: "Too many requests, try again in 1 hour"

Anyone else encounter this error?

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: ImageFap Error

Post by Maksym » 26 Sep 2020, 20:24

Imagefap recently introduced the "requests per hour" limit to make their website "more responsive". And the number of requests they allow now is too low. Like 100 pages per hour or so. So limiting the number of simultaneous connections and increasing the "delay between downloads" in the Extreme Picture Finder project settings should do the trick.

We're still looking for a perfect combination of the number of simultaneous connections and the delay between downloads, but it does look like it's going to be VERY slow imagefap downloads from now on :( And there is nothing ANY mass-downloading software can do about it since the limit is implemented on the server side and they use the combination of user IP and cookie to ensure it.

SwiftNick

Post by SwiftNick » 26 Sep 2020, 21:16

Ok, thanks for the information :-)

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 28 Sep 2020, 17:02

OK, all imagefap templates were updated with the following values:

Suggested number of simultaneous connections: 1
Delay between downloads: 3 - 5 seconds

Using these settings Extreme Picture Finder is able to download continuously without causing the 1-hour IP block. Yes, it's a bit slower than it used to be but that's how the imagefap owners want it to be :(

MacAdam

Post by MacAdam » 28 Nov 2020, 00:47

Hi, I just bought the EPF, I do not find any setup for the delay as you suggest. (Version: 3.52.1)

In the menu Tools/ Settings/ Connection there are no any about the delay but about "abort download if no data..."

Can someone explain this?

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 28 Nov 2020, 18:07

Basically, if you follow the instructions from this tutorial, then you do not need to set anything up manually - all the settings are already in the template:

Download imagefap galleries

You can find the "Delay between downloads" in the project properties, [ Site exploration -> Options ] section:

MacAdam

Post by MacAdam » 29 Nov 2020, 01:45

Thank you the answer Maxim. That works fine, but there is a problem for me.
If I download the galleries (with proper setup for slow downloading) from a user by template "all galleries from a folder in a user profile" (newest: ver. 19) it downloaded 9 galleries from the over 200 in one folder. Over one hour later I tried to continue with resume/update it showed 2000 something "process" one by one and nothing changed. I can not download more with this template.
Is there any setup or other template for the batch download? How can carry on the download from the last downloaded one?
I do not bother if it is take more days automaticly but download one by gallery...
Thanks.

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 30 Nov 2020, 17:06

Please try increasing the delay between download to 5 - 7 seconds.