rename directories and files based on website layout

stevepoly

rename directories and files based on website layout

Post by stevepoly » 23 Jul 2018, 23:36

Good Day,
I'm able to download fine from ametart.com/models, the problem I have is I want to group the photos by the Models name in the model's name directory, then name the files based on the gallery name with the original file name.

For the directory this is what I've done so far: The way the website is setup results in numbered folders, which seems to be arbitrary, if you reproduce the site. The site is setup by: models page with links to galleries, the galleries list about 18 photos and are named with describing text (at the bottom it has related galleries), then the photo is listed in a numbered folder that has nothing to do with other galleries of the same model. When I try to change the Save > Sub-Folders > Advanced, using the title of parent page option... www.ametart.com/models/[a-z], I get the photos in there, but then it lumps in all the photos from the "Related Galleries", listed on one of the gallery pages, as well. I then put in an excluded page parts option for "Related Galleries", but I am still getting other models in the model folder.

For the file rename: I put it on expert with using the title of parent page...www.ametart.com/gallery

Is it possible to set up EPF to only get the images from that model, put them in a directory with the model's name, then name the file with the gallery name with the original file name based on how this website has the links?

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: rename directories and files based on website layout

Post by Maksym » 25 Jul 2018, 20:13

Hmmm. Interesting task. I think you should use the "Use target file parent URL Regular Expression" option on the "Expert" tab of the "Sub-folders" settings with the following Regular Expression:

Expression: /gallery/([^/]+)/$
Result: [#1]

In this case you will get sub-folders named with gallery names and original file names inside of them. But those sub-folders will not be located inside the folder named with model name unless you set up a separate project for each model and use appropriate folder name for it.

As for the "Excluded page parts" to avoid related galleries - use this one:

Leave "To" field empty, which means "to the end of the page".

stevepoly

Post by stevepoly » 26 Jul 2018, 02:06

Hello,
Thank you for the help.
I tested it out, I'm still getting the other models in the "related galleries." I tested the html vs the excluded page parts in the "test regular expressions" window and it works fine, but not when the project is running. Actually, it doesn't download any of the photos of the mode, even if I go to the direct gallery page, it downloads all the other links!

by my rough estimation, there are 520 models listed on the model page...no other way to break it down by model than to open each one individually?

also I noticed that on the model's gallery page it lists their name in the top left corner, could I use that for the naming of folders or file names?

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 28 Jul 2018, 20:13

OK, here is the template which can be used to download all galleries from any selected model:

www.ametart.com - model and gallery template

No related galleries.

As for the naming: Extreme Picture Finder can use URLs or page titles to create and name sub-folders. Plus some other options. But none of them includes page text. Extreme Picture Finder cannot use any page text for naming sub-folder or files. It cannot use more than one URL to create sub-folder as well (which would help in your case).

I;m sorry, but I think this is all Extreme Picture Finder can do for this website.