Windows 10

fadelyg

Windows 10

Post by fadelyg » 07 Mar 2016, 20:41

I have been using Windows 10 for some time now and had no problems. This problem began after the latest Windows 10 update. I can open EPF normally and start a new project normally, but several seconds after starting the new project search, I get an error message saying the program is not compatible with Windows 10. It doesn't name EPF specifically, but gives a generic name.
As I said, I've been using EPF with Windows 10 for quite some time now with no issues, so the issue is not Windows 10. The projects I started are not special, I used stock settings. Older projects, even ones I've authored since moving to Windows 10 will run longer, but they ultimately fail also.

The really odd part is that when I look into the EPF projects folder, rather than displaying the name I gave to the project, such as "www.modelRR.com", it lists random characters such as xb17ts43gfd.epf rather than the name I give to the project.
Is anyone else seeing this or having any Windows 10 issues?
Also, I want to delete EPF and load from scratch to see if a fresh install will cure the problems, but I don't want to lose my projects. I assume if I delete the program, the project file folder is also deleted. Just want to confirm that I can follow previous instructions to copy the existing data folder, then copy it back to the new folder.
As always, my compliments. EPF is still one of the best image download programs on the net.
Gary

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: Windows 10

Post by Maksym » 08 Mar 2016, 21:00

I have been using Windows 10 for some time now and had no problems. This problem began after the latest Windows 10 update. I can open EPF normally and start a new project normally, but several seconds after starting the new project search, I get an error message saying the program is not compatible with Windows 10. It doesn't name EPF specifically, but gives a generic name.
As I said, I've been using EPF with Windows 10 for quite some time now with no issues, so the issue is not Windows 10. The projects I started are not special, I used stock settings. Older projects, even ones I've authored since moving to Windows 10 will run longer, but they ultimately fail also.
That's strange. Never received reports like this before. Please try a complete re-install from this URL:

http://www.exisoftware.com/picture_find ... rSetup.exe
The really odd part is that when I look into the EPF projects folder, rather than displaying the name I gave to the project, such as "www.modelRR.com", it lists random characters such as xb17ts43gfd.epf rather than the name I give to the project.
Yeah, the way project files are named was changed a couple of versions ago. So this is OK.
Also, I want to delete EPF and load from scratch to see if a fresh install will cure the problems, but I don't want to lose my projects. I assume if I delete the program, the project file folder is also deleted. Just want to confirm that I can follow previous instructions to copy the existing data folder, then copy it back to the new folder.
As always, my compliments. EPF is still one of the best image download programs on the net.
You can move the projects to your custom folder, then point EPF to that folder in the EPF settings, the "Advanced" section. There is a "Data folder" field and a button which allows to change it. So copy all files and folder from the original location to the new one and you're done.
Thank you very much. The new version will come out soon and will offer project templates, which is a huge step towards the ease of use.