Will only work on "Current page only" ?

Scotty

Will only work on "Current page only" ?

Post by Scotty » 09 Nov 2014, 02:39

Version 3.26.1.1

Starting address: http://www.missiclothing.com/
Target Files: *.jp*
Custom Parser: clear

The software works perfect if I select "Current Page Only" but if I select any of the other options I get nothing. The software searches all right but no images are found. Tried setting delay to 5 secs and sim connections to just 1 but no joy.

What am I doing wrong??

PS: I'm using the trial version.

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: Will only work on "Current page only" ?

Post by Maksym » 11 Nov 2014, 11:45

Do not clear the Custom parsers... They actually do help on this website.

What you actually had to clear was the Filters -> Excluded URLs. It looks like they store full-size image files in a sub-folder of "thumbnails" folder... Anyway, here are the settings:

Starting address: http://www.missiclothing.com/
Target files: *.jp*
Site Exploration -> Regular site: Entire site. [Download from external sites] not checked
Site exploration -> Custom parses: keep all default parsers (you can click [Reset] button to bring them back if you removed them)
Save -> Destination folder: [Preserve folder structure of the size] checked
Filters -> Excluded URLs:
72x
320x240
/skin
/customer
\?
/switch
/js
/checkout

That's it. Works just fine.

Scotty

Post by Scotty » 11 Nov 2014, 13:23

Many thanks for your reply Maxim. My apologies, I did actually figure it out a bit more and realised it was actually working.

I've also added some extra parameters to the excluded urls to make things a bit faster -
limit=
color=
/currency/
spanish
french
polish
german
and so on...

Now be precise, I am specifically looking to download images larger that 800 x 800px that are linked to from any page starting with http://www.missiclothing.com/dresses/ (I am a reseller for these products).

To complicate things, when a product page loads there is a default product image which if you hover over will give a zoom effect of a large 920x1380 image, the ones I want, and I am getting. However, there are also some additional product images (example) shown under the main image which if you click on change the main product image (and thus loads another 920x1380px image) but I don't seem to be able to grab these ones.

I hope you can understand what I am talking about and can help?

Regards,
Scotty

PS: I did ask the supplier to just forward me the images but they said the files were too large and to just grab them from the site. I have tried many other programs but yours is the best I've tried. Will certainly be purchasing.

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 11 Nov 2014, 15:33

Maybe you added too many filters? Please try using only those I used in my previous post. It's supposed to grab all additional images too.