Invalid redirection

Zusan

Invalid redirection

Post by Zusan » 27 Oct 2013, 17:26

Hi,

Iam trying to download files from a site for which I created a list with starting URLs via the import-option.

When I choose manual login everything works fine, but I have to enter my username and password for every url. When I disable manual login the urls can still be accessed (because of the still opened session I suppose), but for all picture-urls I receive a message "invalid redirection" in the download log of EPF and no pictures are downloaded. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be here?

I have to mention, that Iam still using EPF 3.15 as I, for some special reasons, did not buy updates anymore.

Apart from that I may mention that I had a huge issue with EPF yesterday: I imported a project from the online db, did not make any modification (esp. left the download-path unchanged) and deleted the project with the option "delete files". What happened then was that EPF started to delete a whole partition of my HD. I had to kill the epf-task and was lucky, that everything was stil in the recylce bin.

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: Invalid redirection

Post by Maksym » 28 Oct 2013, 10:48

Currently the issue with "Manual login" is being fixed. In the next version you won't have to click "Continue download" for every URL. But you'll have to update for the most recent version.

As for the problem with the project from the online DB. Which project was that? I need it for the tests.

Zusan

Post by Zusan » 28 Oct 2013, 12:33

So, I suppose you do not have a good guess, why I get the "invalid redirection" messages and no downloaded files, when I do not use the manual login?

Unfortunately I do not know the name of the project anymore. Is there a way to look for this name in a logfile or something?

What would I have to do in order get updates again? Buy a new license?

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 28 Oct 2013, 12:41

So, I suppose you do not have a good guess, why I get the "invalid redirection" messages and no downloaded files, when I do not use the manual login?
I do, of course. Just don't want to get too technical here. It's an internal problem of the program which I'm working on right now. It's in the way EPF handles cookies.
Unfortunately I do not know the name of the project anymore. Is there a way to look for this name in a logfile or something?
Most likely the folder name was stored in the project settings of the downloaded project and the name was like "D:\" or any other drive root. I'll re-check all projects for this setting and remove it. Also if you manually set the destination folder to the root of any drive and then deleted the project with files - your drive could be deleted.
What would I have to do in order get updates again? Buy a new license?
You'll have to "update" your license: buy another year of free updates or free updates for a lifetime with 50% or 30% discount respectively.

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 31 Oct 2013, 10:26

OK, this issue is solved in the new release (version 3.21). You're welcome to download and install it:

http://www.exisoftware.com/picture_find ... rSetup.exe