Yandex problem

rhodo

Yandex problem

Post by rhodo »

I download alot of images from Yandex and it works great 99% of the time. But occasionally I run into a problem. After loading all the images into the EPF browser window and hitting "Continue Download" my cursor starts spinning but nothing else happens. The EPF browser window does not close and no pictures are downloaded.

An example of a search that triggers this behavior is searching Yandex for "sexy heels" with the "filter search results" set to no filter in the Yandex search settings and image size set to "Large". I am logging into Yandex in the EPF browser.

I have found that if I do not scroll the search results in the EPF browser window then the download proceeds normally, but I only download a small handful of images. So, it appears that there is a search result further down the page that is giving EPF trouble.

I suspect the horizontally scrolling list of related search terms that appears after the first page of images is the culprit. Has anyone found a way around this issue? In a regular browser window I can use developer tools to delete the node containing the related search items, but no such tool is available in the EPF browser.

TIA
Maksym
Site Admin

Re: Yandex problem

Post by Maksym »

I just tried it and EPF has absolutely no problems downloading images that are shown after the related searches. I stopped the download manually after 700+ images were saved.

What version of the program do you have? Also, can use scroll past the related searches in your regular browser?
rhodo

Post by rhodo »

Thank you, Maxim for the reply, and for a great tool! Version here is 3.65.12.0

Just to be clear - The problem is triggered when I do the following:
(1) Search Yandex images for the term "sexy heels"
(2) Scroll the search results past at least the first page of results
(3) Click the "Continue download" button

At that point the mouse cursor just never stops spinning. the "Continue download" button grays out and no images are downloaded. The EPF browser window has to be manually closed.

I thought the "Related Images" horizontal scroller was the problem, but I have since found search results with a horizontal scroller that works fine in EPF, so I don't know what the problem is but it is 100% repeatable in the search results where it happens. Perhaps just a corrupt item in the search results.
Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym »

Hmmm. Very interesting. I repeated your steps again - working just fine. Do you have a chance to try it through a VPN?
rhodo

Post by rhodo »

I installed EPF on a second computer (running Windows 10) and connected to Yandex using VPN (Private Internet Access). I repeated the steps and get the same result.

I am attaching the download log. Let me know if there is any other debugging tool or log that will help to shed any light on this.

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym »

Well, if you have to close the built-in browser manually then this template won't work. This template uses an address list from a built-in browser.

So, it's working fine until you click the [Continue download] button, right? And only if you scroll past the first page. Interesting. Can you share a screenshot of the [ Address list ] tab of the built-in browser after you scroll down a bit?