I need to downlaod from Hentai Foundry.

Hokanti

I need to downlaod from Hentai Foundry.

Post by Hokanti » 18 Nov 2017, 00:00

i want to download from someones favorite pictures gallery
i have been trying to figure out how to successfully do this for hours but came with no solution

here is the address to where i want to download the pictures: https://www.hentai-foundry.com/user/wgcw/faves/pictures

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: I need to downlaod from Hentai Foundry.

Post by Maksym » 20 Nov 2017, 15:09

Here, I created a new template:

www.hentai-foundry.com - selected user favorite pictures

It downloads all favorite pictures. Please try it and let me know if it worked for you.

Hokanti

Post by Hokanti » 08 Dec 2017, 01:26

I used the template you provided for me but I'm not clear on where to put the users name on the starting address.
I've had a few attempts but it doesn't download any images.

hentai-foundry\.com/user/[^/]/faves/pictures

Update:
So i messed around with a bunch of things and after multiple tries i figured out all i had to change was the starting address from (hentai-foundry\.com/user/[^/]/faves/pictures) to(http://www.hentai-foundry.com/user/wgcw/faves/pictures) i probably just didn't know how to use templates.

Thank you for your assistance, i appreciate it.

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 08 Dec 2017, 11:49

Yes, you have to use any real heantai-foundry URL with this template. Just like with any other template - you take real URLs... Guess it must be put more clear on the website...

hter

Post by hter » 26 Jan 2019, 12:41

Hi, I have tried to use the faves script as a base for downloading users by leter.
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/users/byletter/A
It looks like it should work in the same way as with favorites.

I have added \.com/users/A/user/[^/]+/pictures.+?page/\d+$ to included address
It works just as I thought, but just for the first page from the list. It looks like something more should by changed in included adresses to anable the script to handle with other pages but I can't figure how to do that. Could you help?

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 28 Jan 2019, 12:51

If you want a Regular Expression for pagination - be as simple as possible. I'd use just this one:

/page/\d+$

And the Expression to make EPF browse author gallery pages linked from the address you provided would look like this:

/pictures/user/[^/\?#]+$

hter

Post by hter » 28 Jan 2019, 22:28

It looks like we did it!

By now EPF has downloaded over 6000 images by authors whose names start with A and keeps runing.

Here is included adresses for the template:

/users/byletter/A/user/pictures\?page=\d+
/users/byletter/A/page/\d+$
/pictures/user/
pictures\.hentai-foundry\.com

The only problem is that all the pictures are downladed in the same folder and it could be difficoult to handle with them afterwards. Still there is no need to handle with every gallery to download from the HF any more!

The only quesions I still have are what does mean:
/pictures\?page= and [^/\?#]+$
how nesessary they are? Aren't they simlar?
Does /pictures/user/ work without [^/\?#]+$ ?
If I add /users/byletter/A/user/scraps\?page=\d+ will EPF download pictures from scrap galleries or GPF kaptures all pics both from main and scrap galleris at onece?

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 29 Jan 2019, 11:44

The only problem is that all the pictures are downladed in the same folder and it could be difficoult to handle with them afterwards.
This can be easily fixed in the Save -> Sub-folders section. Select Expert tab, check Use Target file parent URL RE box and use the following Regular Expression:

RE: /user/([^/\?#]+)
Result: [#1]

This will save pics from different authors into separate sub-folders called with author name.
The only quesions I still have are what does mean:
/pictures\?page= and [^/\?#]+$
I use this one [^/\?#]+$ often to prevent duplicate downloads. For example:

url.com/page.html
url.com/page.html#
url.com/page.html?

are, in fact, the same address and most of the time have exactly the same content, but they are "different URLs" for EPF, so all of them will be downloaded unless the above RE is used. Failing to add this piece of RE to the end of the URL often triples the download time.
This RE is useless - it doesn't match any single URL. At least I couldn't find one. Tell me if I'm wrong by providing an actual URL that matches this RE.

hter

Post by hter » 29 Jan 2019, 21:03

This can be easily fixed in the Save
Perfect, It is just what I need.

This RE is useless - it doesn't match any single URL. At least I couldn't find one. Tell me if I'm wrong by providing an actual URL that matches this RE.
I have tried to remove this RE, but without it EPF doesn't read galleries beyond the starting url.
Same effect when I remove /users/byletter/A/page/\d+$ But together they do what is necessary. It looks like without first RE EPF doesn't read galleries except fom the starting url, while wthout second one it doesn't adress to other pages.

hter

Post by hter » 31 Jan 2019, 20:07

Maxim could you explain another issue?
My template works fine, and I tried to add ability to read users scrap galleris too, but with no success.
Here is an example url:
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/ ... rex/scraps
What ER should be added to make scraps readable along with main galleries?