Add Track Photo’s Shown option

JGTEndlessScreen

Add Track Photo’s Shown option

Post by JGTEndlessScreen » 05 Jan 2010, 17:38

Of the available screensavers I was able to use Endless Slideshow was the best! We have the computer connected to the TV and Endless Slideshow is our default screensaver and randomly selects one of the 2000+ photos from our My Pictures directory and folders. We sometimes just watch the screensaver for entertainment.
An option I would like to see in future updates or the pro version is a Track Photo’s Shown option:
Our Endless Screensaver is set to random photos and it often seems it show the same photo’s over and over. It would be a nice option to drop them out as the player scrolls through the available photos. I would added some kind of option that track’s photos shown in the screensaver and doesn’t allow them to be view a second time until all the others have cycled through. Be able to both reset each time the screensaver starts or access previous logs and not show shown photos until all have cycled. I haven’t seen this option in other screensavers, but think it a great one and would like to see it in Endless Screensaver.

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: Add Track Photo’s Shown option

Post by Maksym » 06 Jan 2010, 10:09

Yes, you are right. This option is actually built into the screensaver and turned on by default. You can't even turn it off. But recently we found a bug in the screensaver that prevented this option from working correctly. Currently we're working on the next version of the screensaver and this bug is already fixed in it.

JGTEndlessScreen

Post by JGTEndlessScreen » 07 Jan 2010, 17:02

Excellent. Do you have an ETA on the next version? Does it log what has been viewed from session to session or just the session in play? Will it be a control switch on the menu or always on?
Presently it appears my 1.3.1 version pulls from the most recently added photos to the directory when the screensaver come on. Is that part of the present bug or does it just appears that way? I still see the older ones, but not nearly as much as the newer ones. I don’t have anyway of telling if it is actually randomly pulling from the 2000+ picture I have or only kind of pulling from them all. It certainly appears to be mostly the newer photos when watching it for an extended period of time. I defiantly see the same photos very often.
Great program!

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 07 Jan 2010, 21:05

Sorry, no ETA yet, because we're planning some big changes in the new version.

Currently the program logs every photo it shows and will not show it again until the photo list is empty. This option is always on and we plan to leave it like that.

uogpjf

Post by uogpjf » 26 Jan 2010, 21:22

I assume this was added to the 1.4.beta released today?

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 03 Feb 2010, 13:35

Yes, you're right.