timed slide show

netadmin

timed slide show

Post by netadmin » 08 Jul 2014, 15:37

i have a client that is looking to slide show different categories of items at different times of the day.
Is there a way of timing for a set of folders, then changing to another set of folders automatically? say a folder full of cats in the morning for a while, then switch to a folder of dogs in the evening?

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: timed slide show

Post by Maksym » 08 Jul 2014, 23:04

Hello Patrick,

I sent you a reply to your original email to support@exisoftware.com. Did you receive it?

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 13 Jul 2014, 11:34

Well, your task is not a trivial one and Endless Slideshow Screensaver doesn't have appropriate settings to solve it. But I think you'll be able to trick it into doing what you need using built-in Windows Task Scheduler. Here is a short tutorial by Microsoft about using their Task Scheduler:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... edule-task

So, you'll need to schedule several tasks. First one will be a .reg file which will change the screensaver settings telling it to show the content of folder #1. The content of this file should look like this:

--------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Extreme Internet Software\Endless Slideshow Screensaver\Local Folders]
"Folder0000+"="C:\\Folder1"
-------------------

The second Task will start after the first one and will run the screensaver for a predetermined period of time.

Then comes Task #3 (again a .reg file) changing the screensaver settings to point to a folder #2. And then task #4 running the screensaver for a given period of time...

And so on... A task to change the settings, then run the screensaver...

So, you'll need several configuration files with different folder names... That's it.

netadmin

Post by netadmin » 17 Jul 2014, 18:46

thank you for your input, i shall test it and see how it goes, it does sound pretty straight forward i suppose, was just hoping that it would be in the program. but i can understand you can only expect so much functionality for the price. still good though
thanks.
ps i didnt get the support email reply. (-: