VCOMP140.DLL is missing

Phabian

VCOMP140.DLL is missing

Post by Phabian »

Current version of ESSS is 1.22.2 Pro.
after several attempts of uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting etc; I am unable to get ESSS to start automatically. a system error prevents ESSS from starting and requires a manual start. The software runs well with this one exception. The only thing I have not tried is sys config. I don't know how to add this VCOMP140.DLL to the registry.

I understand that there is a Ver 2.0 beta is this available to try? would this also fix the current error.

Thanks
PS I really enjoy using this screen screen saver with my projector as it fills the wall space and adds beautiful visual effects to my environment especially with music playing in the background.
Maksym
Site Admin

Re: VCOMP140.DLL is missing

Post by Maksym »

Current version of ESSS is 1.22.2 Pro.
after several attempts of uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting etc; I am unable to get ESSS to start automatically. a system error prevents ESSS from starting and requires a manual start. The software runs well with this one exception. The only thing I have not tried is sys config. I don't know how to add this VCOMP140.DLL to the registry.
This DLL is a part of the "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015". You can try re-installing it from the official Microsoft website:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145
I understand that there is a Ver 2.0 beta is this available to try? would this also fix the current error.
Drop me a message to support@exisoftware.com and I'll give you the download link. But the problem with the auto-startup is not the screensaver's fault, so I don't think it'll change anything.
PS I really enjoy using this screen saver with my projector as it fills the wall space and adds beautiful visual effects to my environment especially with music playing in the background.
The music player is not implemented yet in the beta version :(
Phabian

Re: VCOMP140.DLL is missing

Post by Phabian »

Thank you for your quick response and for the link to Visual Studio 2015. I followed your advice and re-installed the program.
As you expected, this worked like a charm and all is back to normal.
Very grateful for your support.