Can you add a Date Version to Project Templates?

Aristotle

Can you add a Date Version to Project Templates?

Post by Aristotle » 29 Sep 2017, 11:44

I never know if they are updated.

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: Can you add a Date Version to Project Templates?

Post by Maksym » 29 Sep 2017, 14:58

Hello,

Most recent version of Extreme Picture Finder checks for new versions of downloaded templates daily. So, first of all, please download and install the most recent version of the program:

http://www.webimagedownloader.com/download/

You can change the verification period in program settings. And the program is supposed to warn you when you are trying to create a new project using an outdated template like this:

So please open Extreme Picture Finder settings using menu item Tools -> Settings..., select the Online database section and check all necessary boxes:

Plus you can always check for template updates manually in Extreme Picture Finder's Local templates library window. You can open it using menu item Templates -> Open local templates library... and then, in this window, select menu item Library -> Check downloaded templates for updates:

Outdated templates are marked with red warning saying that new version is available. Now you can right-click any template and select View template page item in the pop-up menu. It will open your default browser and point it to the template page in the database where you can re-download the updated template and install the new version.

Finally, you can periodically check this page:

http://www.webimagedownloader.com/templates/new/

which shows 10 recently added or updated templates.

tobman

Post by tobman » 30 May 2020, 05:11

hello to the Forum I am a new member and extreme Picture finder user.

I have a follow up question regarding the topic, especially about the update process:

Is there a way to update the templates automatically or do we have to go to the template
site via browser and re-download the updated template file by hand?

THX 4 replying and by the way, I love this piece of software being now a happy lifetime license owner.

-regards tobman

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 30 May 2020, 16:32

Right now the only way to update the template is to open the template page on the website in browser and re-download it. But the automatic updates is in the to-do list.