Autotrader

jjculvers

Autotrader

Post by jjculvers » 11 May 2015, 23:51

Hi all, first time here! :)

For my project, I would like to search Autotrader(.co.uk) for a particular make/model/colour, and auto download all pictures above a certain size. Is this possible?

I had a little play, but am struggling to get it to bring back any pictures of the cars for sale

Can anyone help wiht the settings required (if it is even possible!)

Many Thanks,

Jamie

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: Autotrader

Post by Maksym » 12 May 2015, 14:28

Hello Jamie!

OK, here is a project for your requirements:

projects/www.autotrader.co.uk-alfa-romeo-black.exe

And it's a work of art actually! It shows all the power of the Extreme Picture Finder in action! Not only it downloads all the images very fast, avoiding all unnecessary URLs, but it also saves them into separate folders for each car, although the actual files are not stored in separate folders... In fact, there are no image files available on this website at all. All images are served via script.

Now, all you haved to do is simply change a starting URL to match your desired car search criteria and you're good to go!

Important note here: this project requires Extreme Picture Finder 3.27 or higher. If you don't have the most recent version installed, here is the download link:

http://www.exisoftware.com/picture_find ... rSetup.exe

Enjoy!

jjculvers

Post by jjculvers » 12 May 2015, 22:42

That is absolutely awesome, thank you so much!!

I am trying to do the same for Gumtree, but can not seem to get it to work. I do not know why!!

I am starting, for example, at this page. I know there are links on here that will take me to the picture.

I was getting no results at all!

So I looked at the Autotrader query and noticed there is a few lines in Included URL:

media\?id=[^&]+$
/page/\d+$
\?logcode=p$

Could you please explain this to me, as on the autotrader site, it seems that most of the pics contain media?id= with no \. What does the [^&]+$ mean??

So I tried to copy the included URL of http://i.ebayimg.com for my Gumtree project, but still i dont get anything :/

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 13 May 2015, 00:53

1. What's a "Gumtree "?

2. Usually you can not simply copy settings from a project and make them work on a different webiste... You have to create a different projects for different websites...