Downloading from FlickR?

Aze

Downloading from FlickR?

Post by Aze » 31 Jan 2015, 14:14

Hi Guys.

Hope your'e doing great.

I have found a FlickR account that contains a lot of pictures that I would like to download.

But I simply can't get EPF to download the pictures within the account, and it keeps "going back" to other FlickR-sites, dowloading unwanted pictures.
How do I set it up to download only the pictures showing in the specific account?

Aze

Re: Downloading from FlickR?

Post by Aze » 01 Feb 2015, 13:41

Hmmm...I could may use some help...

It keeps looking in all the folders on the site, but no pictures are found. I think I may need to specifiy what folders not to look in, as it looks in all of them.

This is the specific page I want the pictures from: https://www.flickr.com/photos/avidworxpro/

Any suggestions?

eg2300

Post by eg2300 » 19 Sep 2015, 18:33

There's still a few issues that come up, hopefully you can provide further info on how to solve them

1. There are still some images from the photostream that do not get downloaded. I think it is because the original or largest image of that particular file does not end in _o.jpg but instead with _b or even _z
When adding those to the included URL list it solves the issue with missing photos but it also downloads multiples of the other images because they not only have the "_o.jpg" extension but also _b and/or _z

2. Besides just downloading the images from the users photostream it is also downloading pics from their "favorites" section. If you just want the users actual photos they uploaded that would potentially cause a huge number of unneeded photos to be sorted through afterwards.

Hopefully I explained it properly. To make it simple it would be great if you can provide us with the required settings in order to A. download a users entire photostream only and B. download a users entire favorites from that section and to be able to do both as separate projects.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help. Much appreciated

Erikk

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 21 Sep 2015, 16:30

OK, please try this template:

projects/flickr.com-photo-stream.exe

Use the photo stream URL as a starting address. Like this one:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/USER_NAME/

As for _o.jpg, _b.jpg, _z.jpg - I don't know how to resolve it right now. It's up to you now if you want to download all 3 versions of the same image or you want to lose the smallest (_z.jpg) of them... So adjust the filters in the "Included URLs" as you wish.