Cannot view log

nufon

Cannot view log

Post by nufon » 30 Jul 2014, 21:06

When creating a new template or new search after running the project I RT click and select view log. Nothing happens, no error nothing. I have also had a project not download anything and the pop-up windows that informs us about not finding any pictures(this is usually just a config issue) the button to view log does nothing.

Please help I use the log to reference creating new reg-x transformations.

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: Cannot view log

Post by Maksym » 31 Jul 2014, 10:56

Hmmm. This is very strange. Could you please check the Extreme Picture Finder "Data folder"? You can see the location of this folder in the program settings:

Try creating a file inside this folder. If files creation fails - then click the [...] button near the folder name in the EPF settings and change the location of the data folder to something like "C:\EPF". Then copy all files from the old location to the new one.

Also you could try re-installing the EPF. Completely remove it first, also delete the "Data folder" manually after the program is removed. Then download the most recent version from our website:

http://www.exisoftware.com/picture_find ... rSetup.exe

And install it.

nufon

Post by nufon » 01 Aug 2014, 13:04

Here is what i have attempted(and some info on my setup), since I am aware of the aggressive development releases that have been coming out this year.

I have removed(uninstalled completely. Saving only my data folder and LIC file. Fresh install I still have the custom parser issue and cannot open log files via UI(I have to go into the data folder and open in notepad++.

Last Dump for ya.

My download box is....
IBM W500 Laptop 8G Ram
Win 7 ENT - Patched up to June 2014.

computer name :-IBM
wts client name :
user name : <admin>
registered owner :
operating system : Windows 7 x64 Service Pack 1 build 7601
system language : English
system up time : 96 days 6 hours
program up time : 2 days 3 hours
processors : 2x Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz
physical memory : 4864/8086 MB (free/total)
free disk space : (C:) 51.18 GB (D:) 48.56 GB
display mode : 1920x1080, 32 bit
process id : $2cc0
allocated memory : 46.34 MB
executable : EPF.exe
exec. date/time : 2014-05-27 13:44
version : 3.24.5.0
compiled with : Delphi 2006/07
madExcept version : 3.0l
callstack crc : $59054d6e, $5a2a76b9, $d71c8eb2
exception number : 1
exception class : EInvalidOperation
exception message : Cannot make a visible window modal.

main thread ($16e0):
004c8514 +006c EPF.exe Forms TCustomForm.ShowModal
0058fad6 +187a EPF.exe uDownloadProjectPropertiesForm 666 +336 ShowProjectProperties
007b55ec +0018 EPF.exe uDownloadErrorForm 137 +1 TDownloadErrorForm.EditProjectButtonClick

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 04 Aug 2014, 12:26

This kind of error is not supposed to happen at all. One thing that comes to mind - access rights on your EPF data folder are not correct... Could you please do one more test: completely remove EPF once more, copy the contents of your EPF data folder to some other place and then make sure you completely remove the EPF data folder from its original location. I mean the entire folder must be deleted, not only inside, but the folder itself.

Then make a clean install of the program under the same user account you're going to use it (I know some people install programs under "admin" account and then use them under "user" account - that's not good):

http://www.exisoftware.com/picture_find ... rSetup.exe

and try the program WITHOUT copying your existing projects. Just use your epf.lic to register the program and try to run some projects from the built-in online project database.

nufon

Post by nufon » 06 Nov 2015, 10:18

Sorry to bump an old post like this, but wanted to give an update. I know so very long ago, life kids, ex-wife.....anyway.

You gave a very good guess as to the issue I was experiencing and it seemed very possible I was seeing a permissions issue. You will never guess what it was.....

Anyone ever wonder why Microsoft created an entire folder for programs that are 32Bit? Well allow me to explain what I did to myself and this software gave me a gift, the gift to avoid many issues in the future.

I am a systems person not a developer and as this I don't care for default locations of things. I had been for years creating my own folder in C:/ for any and all of my installed and portable applications. This kept the "Program Files" Directories clean and tidy, and allowed me to have more control over the structure and portability of the software I used. Over the course of 96 days, yes its in the post that my laptop had been on and running for 96 days. I installed several applications, some 32bit and some 64bit. Which created some issues for the OS to run and use certain applications at once.

Short story long You cannot run a 32bit in a 64 bit memory address. OOPS. 5 pounds 1 pound bag.

All my fault for mixing it up and not paying attention. Now my LIC expired and damm if I'm paying 50.00 for a new one. Later.

Enjoy,

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 06 Nov 2015, 10:54

Why would you pay $50 for a new lic?! It's only $14.95 for a 1-year lic or $34.95 for lifetime lic when you're extending your license. Also, if you already paid $50 - you already have a lifetime licese which never expires. So please contact me at support@exisoftware.com and tell me which email you used to purchase your original license and I'll send you either links with discounted prices for license extension or the original lifetime license you already purchased. And finally, I can send you a link to the page where you can download any old version which will work with your license. But, of course, it's always better to have the most recent version of the program.