Image - Link back to Gallery

photomagic

Image - Link back to Gallery

Post by photomagic » 27 Mar 2010, 17:10

Hi

I've created a gallery in which you click the larger image and it takes you back to the thumbnail gallery page.

This works great. Except... Although I DO want it to take the visitor back to the gallery page, I don't want it to take it back to a particular thumbnail image. So at the moment the html created does this
<a href="gallery2.html#thumbnail3">, when I would like it just be <a href="gallery2.html">.

I know I can manually go through all the pages and take out the extra bit of the link, but it would be handy to be able to do this automatically when you have a lot of pages.

Through the Template editor, on the Image pages, I'm using [#imagepage.image#] in the template. And then in the default settings I'm going to the Image tab, then Image link, and ticking the box and have it set to link back to gallery.

So is this possible?

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: Image - Link back to Gallery

Post by Maksym » 28 Mar 2010, 16:09

It's not possible in the most recent version. Currently we're working on the next version and we'll add a possibility to make a link back to gallery from the full-size image without the thumbnail row anchor in it. Thank you for pointing it out.

photomagic

Post by photomagic » 29 Mar 2010, 00:20

That sounds great. Look forward to the updated version :)

Just to clarify though. The"id" that the larger image links back to on the gallery page is in the img tag. Just in case that makes a difference.

Thanks for the prompt reply Maxim.

While you are taking suggestions for the next release can I also bring to your attention the img tags ending with " />" This doesn't go down so well when you are writing your templates in HTML 4 strict.

Other then those two small things I think Extreme Thumbnail Generator is BRILLIANT.

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 29 Mar 2010, 11:28

OK, thank you very much for your suggestions!

P.S. Your website with ETG galleries is looking just great!