How to manually "regenerate" and other things

nerys

How to manually "regenerate" and other things

Post by nerys » 15 Apr 2011, 03:49

Sometimes when I click regenerate I get a extra pop up window and I can DESELECT image and thumbs generation and simply regen the html files.

how do I force this manually? for example the one I am playing with right now has 9 pages with 895 images. it takes FOREVER to make the thumbs over and over again. Grr and when I make a core change to template I don't get a "regen" option it just goes for the full monty each time.

is there an option somewhere to JUST do the HTML files over again? ie can I INVOKE that window so I can deselect images/thumbs??

-----

ALSO how do I STOP it from making the files and imgpages folders AND the stuff inside them. I don't use them and when I uncheck their folder creation it just dumps the files that would be in those folders in the root folder anyway.

How do I stop that all together? all I want is my images thumbs folders and my html index files.

-----

Is there a way to ADD a X of X to the [#thumbspage.menubar#] section. so it will say 1 of 9 2 of 9 etc.. etc.. (however you have it set of course) Don't need it clickable just so people can tell ok 1 of 9 so I have 9 pages here.

-----

ALSO how do I add an "extra" blank page. so if I tell it 5x20 thumbs and I have 895 thumbs thats 9 pages. I want it to add a TENTH page just no thumbs but still the header menu bar navigation all that but an empty table cell in the middle where the thumbs would be so I can add my video page links etc..

ie identical to all the other pages templates navigation but no thumbs? I always have one page of "video links" on each "set" and there does not appear to be an easy way to "add" an extra page and have it all coded into the "set"

-----

One thing I would PAY for is a WYSIWYG editor for the template editor. ie a visual way to make modify enhance these pages. $19.95 to make one. no thanks. but $30 or $40 for a program that makes it easier for me to generate my own? YES please :-)

Truly great software. Money well spent. saves me so much time its CRAZY!!

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: How to manually "regenerate" and other things

Post by Maksym » 18 Apr 2011, 13:07

Sometimes when I click regenerate I get a extra pop up window and I can DESELECT image and thumbs generation and simply regen the html files.

how do I force this manually? for example the one I am playing with right now has 9 pages with 895 images. it takes FOREVER to make the thumbs over and over again. Grr and when I make a core change to template I don't get a "regen" option it just goes for the full monty each time.

is there an option somewhere to JUST do the HTML files over again? ie can I INVOKE that window so I can deselect images/thumbs??
Hmm. That's strange. When I create custom gallery templates for our clients the program does ask me what I want to re-generate after I click "Save" and "Close" in the built-in template editor. It only wants to re-generate everything if you select different gallery template.
ALSO how do I STOP it from making the files and imgpages folders AND the stuff inside them. I don't use them and when I uncheck their folder creation it just dumps the files that would be in those folders in the root folder anyway.

How do I stop that all together? all I want is my images thumbs folders and my html index files.
You'll have to remove all files from the "files" sub-folder of the template. All ETG templates are stored in the "Templates" sub-folder of the "Data folder". You can find out the location of "Data folder" in the ETG settings (menu command "Tools->Settings..."), the "Advanced" tab. There is a section called "Program files location which contains the name of the folder.

So, open this folder in Windows Explorer (or any other file manager), get into the "Templates" sub-folder, then get into the folder called exactly like the template you are using and delete the "files" sub-folder from it.
Is there a way to ADD a X of X to the [#thumbspage.menubar#] section. so it will say 1 of 9 2 of 9 etc.. etc.. (however you have it set of course) Don't need it clickable just so people can tell ok 1 of 9 so I have 9 pages here.
Yes, of course. Here you are:

Page [#thumbspage.index#] of [#thumbspage.count#]
ALSO how do I add an "extra" blank page. so if I tell it 5x20 thumbs and I have 895 thumbs thats 9 pages. I want it to add a TENTH page just no thumbs but still the header menu bar navigation all that but an empty table cell in the middle where the thumbs would be so I can add my video page links etc..

ie identical to all the other pages templates navigation but no thumbs? I always have one page of "video links" on each "set" and there does not appear to be an easy way to "add" an extra page and have it all coded into the "set"
Current version of ETG does not allow to do it automatically. But you can easily do it manually in any HTML editor using one of the generated pages. Plus you'll have to edit the last thumbnail page to change the navigation links.
One thing I would PAY for is a WYSIWYG editor for the template editor. ie a visual way to make modify enhance these pages. $19.95 to make one. no thanks. but $30 or $40 for a program that makes it easier for me to generate my own? YES please :-)

Truly great software. Money well spent. saves me so much time its CRAZY!!
Yes, we plan to add a WYSIWYG editor in the major update.

nerys

Post by nerys » 18 Apr 2011, 14:30

I will parse all that later tonight. I don't recall seeing ANY folders in ETG except "lang"

one more issue. I made a custom template. FINALLY got it right. how in the world do I MOVE IT to another machine?

oops forgot to check notify :-)

nerys

Post by nerys » 23 Apr 2011, 23:25

OK C:\ProgramData\Ext....

that does not exist. My screen looks just like your screenie you posted but there is NO SUCH FOLDER on my computer.

SO where is it?

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 24 Apr 2011, 08:11

Turn on "Show hidden files and folders" in Windows Explorer and you'll see this folder.

nerys

Post by nerys » 25 Apr 2011, 04:56

Don't I feel stupid. Normally thats the first thing I do is disable hiding of hidden folders and crap like that - in fact IT IS set to show all on my lappy (xp) but there is no such folder.

but on this machine I am using windows 7 and its makes prodigious use of hidden files and folders so its annoying to leave them visible.

I forgot I had turned them off :-) In the future it would be nice if ETG stopped using hidden files and folders and kept its stuff IN its folder. I hate it when software "splatters" itself all over the stinking platters :-) hehehe

for anyone on XP. you have to goto doc set - all users - app data - etc.. etc..

PLEASE exisoft in future version use your program files/xxx directory unhidden NOT other sub dir's - very annoying :-) hehe (just a small pet peeve of mine) I really do miss the days of DOS at least the part where a /xxx/ contained 100% of a software package :-)

would be nice if I could "DEFINE" the number of pages to generate so if I have 850 pics and I use a 5x20 grid so I know it will need 9 pages I can instruct it to make 10 pages IE getting me my extra "blank" pages with all the nav structure intact. :-)