Deleting test templates and FTP uploads

jobenaus

Deleting test templates and FTP uploads

Post by jobenaus » 06 Feb 2011, 23:21

Where would one go to delete the edited test templates that now show up on the list? Also is it possible to move a template to another computer. I'm running this program on my image computer as well, but it is a clean instal of ETG and I would like to move the edited template to there.

I also think I've found a glitch in the FTP procedure. I am able to set a path in the profile to direct the upload to the proper file, but not in the "Gallery folder on server" area with Vista 64 bit Windows OS. It works fine on Win XP 32 bit, but I cannot get to the web area though the "folders" prompt.

thanks

John

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: Deleting test templates and FTP uploads

Post by Maksym » 08 Feb 2011, 13:26

The easy way to delete any template is to use menu command "Gallery -> Remove template". But if you want to remove several templates at once then try another way.

All templates are stored in the "Templates" sub-folder of the "Program files" folder of the Extreme Thumbnail Generator. You have to open the ETG settings (menu command Tools->Settings...) and select the "Advanced" tab to find out the location of the ETG program files.

Every template is stored in its own folder so you can simply delete any folder to remove the template. The same rule applies for moving the templates to another PC - simply move the template folder.

As for the FTP - I'll try to find out what the problem with Vista 64. Meanwhile you can use any third-party FTP client to upload galleries generated with Extreme Thumbnail Generator. Only one rule here - upload all files and folders created by the program in the gallery folder.

jobenaus

Re: Deleting test templates and FTP uploads

Post by jobenaus » 08 Feb 2011, 22:44

Thanks Maxim.