How do I create my own template page?

jimmyjones

How do I create my own template page?

Post by jimmyjones » 23 Jan 2011, 16:00

Hi,
I have an existing html page that I want to use with this package, is this possible?

Thanks.

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: How do I create my own template page?

Post by Maksym » 24 Jan 2011, 12:34

Usually I do it like this:

1. Select "Blank template" in the template list and click "Edit template button".

2. Click "Save as..." button and save this template under new name.

3. Select "Thumbnails pages" section in the built-in template editor and remove all text. Then I paste the HTML text of the existing page here and add ETG special tags for thumbnails table, navigation and so on. You can check out other template to see how those tags are used. They look like this: [#thumbspage.thumbstable#] - this one is for the thumbnails table. You can choose other tags by pressing Ctrl + I on your keyboard in the built-in template editor.

4. Then I select "Image pages" section, paste text of the existing page here, add ETG special tags for full-size image, gallery navigation, link back from the gallery and others.

5. Then I close the built-in template editor, select new template in the gallery template list and test it with a small number of images. Then get back to the built-in template editor for modification.

It may seem difficult for the first time, so there is an easier way for registered users: http://www.exisoftware.com/thumbnail_ge ... lates.html