ETG 2.x

Red Barchetta

ETG 2.x

Post by Red Barchetta » 27 Sep 2016, 20:55

Sorry, but there is no area for ver 2.x yet.

I have installed v2 per instructions w/o removal of v1.x and want to re-generate my Blue Box pages so the images automatically re-size per the viewers dimensions (gallery size is automatically adapted to the screen size). What changes do I need to make?

Thank you.

Maksym
Site Admin

Re: ETG 2.x

Post by Maksym » 28 Sep 2016, 11:31

Do you have a saved project with your Blue Box gallery?

If "yes" and you want to use it and apply settings from the updated template, then you need to open the project, select any other gallery template in the list and then switch back to the "Thumbnails gallery (Blue Box)" template. You will lose some of the custom settings from the project (like page header and footer text) but all image descriptions will remain intact.

And if you don't have a project yet - just add your photos and select the "Thumbnails gallery (Blue Box)" template.

I'm not sure I answered your question though... But the main point is - if you want to apply settings from new template - switch template in the "Gallery templates" list and then switch it back.

Red Barchetta

Post by Red Barchetta » 30 Sep 2016, 04:56

Yes, have an existing Blue Box project. redshost.com/gt350 It has over 1150 photos of various sizes and reaolutions. Found that by default many of my personalizations disappeared and I would have to edit them back in. I will change the template, and then change it back as suggested and see how that turns out.

Thank you for the response.

Red Barchetta

Post by Red Barchetta » 30 Sep 2016, 08:11

Nope, I even re-installed v2.0 but do not see any options for an auto re-sizing of the image on the image page or the image. I can turn off re-sizing via the check box, or set a size for the images. Am I in the wrong area to set this?

Red Barchetta

Post by Red Barchetta » 30 Sep 2016, 08:48

Is it only the thumbnail pages that auto size, not the images or image pages?

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 30 Sep 2016, 12:35

I don't get it... Here is a sample gallery created with with "Thumbnails gallery (Blue Box)" template - one of my personal favorites:

http://www.exisoftware.com/thumbnail_ge ... index.html

Try resizing your browser window while viewing any image page in this gallery - the full-size image will automatically shrink once the browser window is not big enough.

Is this what you need? Or you want the full-size image to take entire window even when the image is not wide enough?

Red Barchetta

Post by Red Barchetta » 01 Oct 2016, 18:44

My error, Full size image pages are re-sizing. Seems my first 10-20 photos were not large enough to even consider auto-sizing. What are your recommendations on the Options|Images page/tab, for the Resize image size? Would this have any effect other than limiting the Max size?

Maksym
Site Admin

Post by Maksym » 01 Oct 2016, 20:18

That's right. For auto-resizing templates you're basically limiting the max. image size with those resizing options now.